The lab is equipped with
- Two fully automated random access biochemistry analyzers COBAS 400 INTEGRA approved by IVD and FDA.
- LIS is in compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.
- E411 - fully automated random access hormone and tumor marker analyzer based on latest Electro Chemiluminiscence technology.
- HPLC machine from Bio-Rad for Glycated Haemoglobin.(HBA1c). This is the state of the art technology for accurate estimation of Glycated haemoglobin and for screening for Abnormal haemoglobins.
- Use of all closed channel equipments thereby ensuring use of standard reagents and quality of results.
The laboratory has three levels of Quality control measures in the department.
- Three level Internal Quality control measures with strict adherence to Westgard rule.
- Inter Laboratory Quality Assurance Programs - ILQA.
- External Quality Assurance program (EQAS) - Bio-Rad of USA and CMC Vellore.
- Regular Internal audits to monitor out of control situations.
- Retesting of retained samples and replicate analysis.
- Accuracy, Precision, uncertainty of measurement and Total error estimation and monitoring.